I’ve long been a fan of Aberdonian producer and DJ Dominic Petrie. His unique and classy take on drum n bass has slowly but surely been finding its way into the ears of the many over the past few years, from his “Devolve EP” on my Nerve imprint in 2010 through to his recent “Tomorrow Now EP” for Ingredients.
His material has always shown a depth and scope beyond many of his peers and smatterings of ambience, IDM and downtempo meanderings often make an appearance. To find out more about Dominic’s taste in such sounds I asked him to put together a downtempo mix for the site and the end result is an altogether brilliant 65 minutes that you should get into your ears if you know what’s good for them.
Sounds from the likes of Autechre, Tim Hecker, William Basinski and more find their way into the blend alongside a fresh new cut from Petrie himself.
Stream or download below and keep an eye on the producer’s movements over at dominicpetrie.com.
1. Dominic Petrie – Blue monday (Dub)
2. Brian Eno – Unfamiliar wind (Editions EG)
3. Rhythm & Sound – Carrier (Rhythm & Sound)
4. Ben Frost – Swarm (Room 40)
5. Autechre – Tewe (Warp)
6. Demdike Stare – Falling off the edge (Modern Love)
7. Richard Skelton – Stake (Preservation)
8. dBridge – Arpicide (Etcht Records)
9. Tim Hecker – Borderlines part 1 (Subtractif)
10. Thomas Knak – Insert (April Records)
11. A Guy Called Gerald – Survival (Juice Box)
12. Boards of Canada – You could feel the sky (Warp)
13. Sun Ra & His Arkestra – Springtime again (El Saturn)
14. William Basinski – Dlp 1.1 (2026)