As The Subliminal Kid and half of the Roll The Dice duo Peder Mannerfelt has picked up plaudits a plenty and worked with the likes of Fever Ray. In 2014 however he decided to step out from behind the monikers and released an album under his real name entitled “Lines Describing Circles”. The album set his stall out with a collection of tracks taking in hypnotic drones, eerie claustrophobic electronica and much more.
His latest outing sees him team up with Par Grindvik for a split 12″ on Stockholm LTD (there’s a digital download also available at Junodownload) with Peder’s three tracks showcasing his talent for beautifully haunting electronica and techno.
To get a further look into the mind of the man behind the music we asked him for a guest mix and he kindly delivered. Taking in electronica and techno as you’d expect but also taking nice side steps into funk and punk from The Jellies and Iggy Pop.
Stream or download below and keep an eye on Peder’s movements over on Soundcloud.
1. Edward Artemiev – Train
2. DB1 – Nautil 1/3
3. Aethenor – Untitled
4. Terre Thaemlitz – D.C. D.O.A.
5. The Jellies – Jive Baby on a Saturday Night
6. Vainio, Väisänen & Vega – Motor Maniac
7. Hannah MacKay – Notjustmoreidlechatter
8. Cristian Vogel – PERCOL ecoDrive
9. Journey To Ixtlan – Codex Of Crows
10. Autechre – Sublimit
11. Wolf Eyes – Choking Flies
12. Klara Lewis – Msuic IIII
13. Iggy & The Stooges – No Fun
14. Gregg Kowalsky – X-XI
15. Laurie Anderson – Big Science